Saturday, September 1, 2012

Practice

                                                                      My college courses


      My name is Sheida Alava , and I have been study EAP courses at Valencia College for almost two years. I started from level 4. It was very excited for me to be in college after 8 years later from graduated from high school. In my first semester in college, I enrolled in grammar class and I learned
to combined verbs in sentences. In my second semester in college, I enrolled in speech and reading with a great professor. I was kind of scared because I did not know how to begun to talk in from of the class without being nervous .Also, in my reading class, I was kind of nervous to start to reading a loud in class. I thought the other students in the class were going to make laugh about the way I read and my accent when I read in English.Then, in my third semester in college, I enrolled in my first writing class with a nice professor. In my writing class ,I learned to how to do a paragraph on my own.I learned to use the transition words correctly when a write a paragraph and always to indent at the beginning of the paragraph. Next, in 2012 for spring, I decided to go full time student and took all the level 5 in one semester. I was still very nervous but a the same time very happy because I was in the next level of my EAP courses. Even tough, I already took my speech course in level 4 I was still very nervous when I gave my first speech in level 5. Then, in my 1560 Writing class, it was very challenged for me because I only knew how to do paragraph, but I learned to start doing small essay.
it helped me to improve my writing skill in some ways. Finally, in fall 2012, I enrolled in EAP level 6 courses.In these writing class, I'm very sure that I will learn how to do a perfect essay and pass the course to move on to the next college courses in Valencia college.

No comments:

Post a Comment